Banana Veggie Biscuits
These yummy biscuits are a great way to get an extra serve of veggies. They have been shared with us by Peta from The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer. The great thing about these is you can add whatever veggie you have on hand that needs to be used up such as cauliflower, carrots, parsnips, sweet
potato or pumpkin.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A really quick and easy, healthy snack! The day after being cooked they soften and become a cross between a cupcake and a biscuit... so yummy!" - Claire
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 30 biscuits
Can be frozen
- vegetables of choice - 80g, including parsnip, carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato or cauliflower
- self raising flour - 150g
- sugar - 60g, can omit if banana is sweet enough as is for you
- butter - 100g, softened
- bananas - 2, ripe
- egg - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp, or similar
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- oats - 120g, rolled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place vegetable of choice (80g) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat.
- Place the self raising flour (150g), sugar (60g), butter (100g), bananas (2), egg (1), salt (1/2 tsp), vanilla (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Add oats (120g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds. This will be a wet mixture.
- Spoon a dollop of mixture onto the tray. Flatten with your fingers. Wet your fingers if you find it is too sticky.
- Repeat for all of the biscuit batter.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden in colour.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Best consumed within 24 hours.