Banana Pudding Traybake
Full of amazing flavours, this banana pudding traybake has no need for any extra sauce because it contains so much moisture! Shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger, it is the ideal recipe for a crowd. Feel free to add more bananas, or even some apple slices or choc chips!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A wonderfully moist, light-as-air pudding. Rich in flavour." - Katie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45-60 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
20x28x4cm rectangular ovenproof dish
- Banana pudding:
- butter - 100g, plus extra for greasing
- banana - 1, peeled
- plain flour - 275g
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar - 140g, soft light
- pecans - 80g
- whole milk - 250g
- eggs - 3, large
- rum - 40g, dark, or bourbon
- Topping and drizzle:
- banana - 3, peeled and sliced lengthways
- brown sugar - 160g, soft light
- water - 300g, boiling
- golden syrup - 50g
- pecans - 20g
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- banana - to add to topping
- apple - sliced, to add to topping
- chocolate chips - to add to topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan forced. Grease a rectangular ovenproof dish with some butter and set aside.
- Add the butter (100g) the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add the banana (1) to the bowl. Mash Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Add the plain flour (275g), baking powder (1 Tbsp), soft light brown sugar (140g), pecans (80g), whole milk (250g), eggs (3) and dark rum (40g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Place the sliced bananas (3) on top of the pudding.
- Clean the mixer bowl.
- Add the soft light brown sugar (160g), boiling water (300g) and golden syrup (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the bananas, then sprinkle with the pecans (20g).
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until golden brown and the top is set.
- Serve warm.