Banana Mug Cake
Just like a banana cake but in a fraction of the time. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and sliced fresh banana for a decadent treat!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Wow, talk about fast! For how quick this is to prepare, it sure is tasty. I'll definitely be making this again. I always have ripe bananas that need using up and this is perfect for them. Loved the flavour and was very moist. We enjoyed it with vanilla ice cream." - Nadia
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- banana - 1/2, ripe
- egg - 1
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1-2 tsp, ground
- self raising flour - 55g (*can use GF if required)
- caster sugar - 40g, or raw sugar
- olive oil - 30g, or coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- milk of choice - 50g
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (40g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Add the banana (1/2), egg (1), vanilla (1 tsp), cinnamon (1-2 tsp), self raising flour (55g), caster sugar (40g), oil (30g) and milk (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into two greased mugs.
- Microwave on medium (approx. 900W) for 1:30 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing.