Banana Maple Loaf
This is a delicious bread that freezes well. Simply slice and freeze in individual portions. Then pop this into the lunchbox on the morning of school and it has defrosted by lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Another yummy banana loaf to add to the rotation!" - Diana
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Serves 10-12 slices
Can be frozen
- bananas - 2 large, very ripe
- maple syrup - 80g (or sugar)
- golden syrup - 20g
- self raising flour - 160g
- baking powder - pinch
- egg - 1
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt - pinch
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a medium sized loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place bananas (2), maple syrup (80g) and golden syrup (20g) into bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Place self raising flour (160g), baking powder (pinch), egg (1), vanilla (1 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) into bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Pour into loaf tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. You may need a little longer in the oven. Use a skewer to check. If it comes out clean it is cooked through.
- After 15 minutes, remove from tin and place on wire cooling rack to cool.