Banana Mango Bread
Banana and mango just scream summer, and we think this cake is the perfect way to combine the two. If mangoes aren't in season, feel free to use tinned mangoes instead.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked amazing and tasted amazing too! This made for a beautiful quick afternoon tea." - Kirsty
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes
Can be frozen
- bananas - 2, ripe, peeled
- mangoes - 2, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- self raising flour - 270g (*can use GF)
- sugar - 90g
- coconut oil - 80g
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- eggs - 2
- baking powder - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the bananas (2) and mangoes (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the self raising flour (270g), sugar (90g), oil (80g), coconut (60g), eggs (2), baking powder (1 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Move the bread to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!