Donuts are a favourite in our house and so is banana bread. I thought 'why not combine the two?' Serve these donuts warm with a big scoop of ice cream and topped with lots of freshly sliced banana for a really indulgent dessert that is sure to impress. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasted yummy! The whole family enjoyed them. Makes a fun change from the usual banana bread or muffins." - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 130g, plus extra melted butter for brushing
- self raising flour - 250g
- banana - 1, large, ripe, cut into chunks
- sugar - 70g
- milk - 160g
- egg - 1
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- cinnamon - pinch
- Cinnamon sugar:
- sugar - 50g
- cinnamon - 3 tsp
- If using the oven, preheat oven to 180C and lightly oil donut tin.
- Place butter (130g) into bowl. Program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Add the self raising flour (250g), banana (1), sugar (70g), milk (160g), egg (1), vanilla (2 tsp) and cinnamon (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Place mixture into a large piping bag. Pipe mixture into the donut maker or tin.
- The machine takes 5-8 minutes to cook. If cooking in an oven, it will take 15-18 minutes. This depends on the size of the tin.
- Carefully remove donuts from the machine/tin once cooked.
- Combine the sugar (50g) and cinnamon (3 tsp) in a small bowl.
- Brush the sides of donuts with a little melted butter and coat in the cinnamon sugar.
- Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack and enjoy later.