Banana Choc Chip Muffins
These banana chocolate chip muffins make a great treat! They have been shared with us by Tamara Morris from My Melbourne Thermo. They not only taste good, but the sugar and fat content put them on the healthier end of the treat spectrum. And they take only minutes to make!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Awesome dairy free muffin that tastes decadent but without the guilt! Great for the kids lunchboxes, and mine too!" - Liz
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 280g, wholemeal
- brown sugar - 110g, or raw sugar
- milk - 125g (*use rice or soy milk for DF)
- eggs - 2
- olive oil - 50g
- bananas - 2, ripe, peeled and cut into three
- chocolate chips - 70g, dairy free (or dairy free chocolate, Lindt 70%)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a medium muffin tray with paper cases.
- If you need to make your own chocolate chips, add chocolate (70g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1-3 seconds, depending on your preferred size.Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add flour (280g), sugar (110g), milk (125g), eggs (2), oil (50g) and bananas(2) to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 8 seconds. Using the spatula, fold in the choc chips (70g). Don’t worry if the mix is still a little lumpy – muffins are better that way!
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases. I pop a choc chip on the top of each, just to look nice. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm on top when lightly touched. Leave in the tray for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool.