Banana Bread Porridge
This delicious porridge is a great way to use up those ripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl. It's a great way to have a warm breakfast in the time it takes you to have a shower.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A wholesome breakfast option that could be prepped quickly in the morning." - Diana
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Can be frozen
- banana - 2, ripe, roughly chopped
- oats - 80g, traditional
- milk of choice - 400g (*ensure DF if required)
- honey - 50g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, ground
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- walnuts - 80g, chopped, to serve (*omit for NF)
- Add the chopped bananas (2) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oats (80g), milk (400g), honey (50g), ground cinnamon (1 tsp), ground nutmeg (1/4 tsp) and vanilla bean extract (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Pour the porridge into 2-3 bowls and top with chopped walnuts (80g).