Banana and Chocolate Muffins
This recipe has been shared with us by Lesley Jendra.
"These delicious banana and chocolate muffins are ideal for a quick snack, and the kids will love them. They freeze well, so just take them from the freezer and add to the lunchboxes." - Lesley
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I liked that these had a 'healthy' twist to them and the kids didn't even know!" - Shannon
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 15 large muffins or 20 mini muffins
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 300g
- baking powder - 4 tsp
- sugar - 80g
- butter - 70g, cubed
- egg - 1, large
- bananas - 2, peeled
- milk - 200g
- glace ginger - optional
- chocolate chips - 150g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tins with paper cases.
- Add the plain flour (300g), baking powder (4 tsp), sugar (80g) and butter (70g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add the egg (1), bananas (2), milk (200g) and ginger to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips (150g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before serving.