Balsamic Thyme Roast Lamb Marinade
This quick and easy marinade with subtle flavours makes for such a lovely roast meal! We have chosen to use a large leg of lamb to make a big batch, so if your leg of lamb is smaller or larger you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. You may wish to use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to your preference.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “We got 2 meals out of this. We enjoyed a hot roast on Sunday night and then leftover meat and veggies for quick dinner on Monday night." - Christina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 2 hours 20-30 minutes
Makes enough for 2kg of meat
Meat can be frozen
You will need:
large roasting pan
- lamb leg - 2kg
- water - 200g
- vegetables of choice - roasted, to serve
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- balsamic vinegar - 100g
- olive oil - 30g
- fresh thyme - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (6) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the balsamic vinegar (100g), olive oil (30g), fresh thyme leaves (2 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 7 until combined.
- Place the leg of lamb (2kg) into a large roasting pan.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb and allow to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Pour some water (200g) into the base of the roasting pan.
- Wrap the lamb tightly in aluminium foil. Place into the oven and bake for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the foil and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely in aluminium foil.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve with roast vegetables of choice.