Balsamic Strawberry Sorbet
Balsamic vinegar and strawberries are a match made in heaven. We thought we would combine the two to make a delicious summer treat that is sure to impress friends and loved ones. This is a great recipe to use up those excess strawberries that seem to accumulate over the summer.
Recipe Tester feedback: "A wonderful way to use up excess or overripe fruit! The kids loved it, and I felt like I was eating an expensive sorbet from an ice creamery!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- sugar - 80g, optional
- strawberries - 500g, hulled and frozen
- balsamic vinegar - 40g, good quality
- ice cubes - 300g
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Add the sugar (80g, if using) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add frozen strawberries (500g), balsamic vinegar (40g), ice cubes (300g) and lemon juice (2 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 7. You will need to use the spatula to help move the mixture.
- Serve immediately.