Balsamic and Honey Brussels Sprouts
Cast your old ideas about Brussels sprouts aside. These are truly yummy and make a wonderful accompaniment for the Herb Infused Lamb Rack, along with the Zesty Potatoes. You may even find that you like the marinade so much that you will find other uses for it! It's really easy to multiply the marinade quantity, mix in the multiplied amount of Brussels sprouts and then bake. A great option for a large group too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a surprising success. I've never liked Brussels sprouts, but these are delicious. My kids even liked them! The honey balsamic marinade is delicious!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
small ovenproof dish
- Brussels sprouts - 200g, stems and outer leaves removed, halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- balsamic vinegar - 20g, good quality
- honey - 10g
- olive oil - 30g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), fresh thyme leaves (1 Tbsp), balsamic vinegar (20g), honey (10g), olive oil (30g) and salt flakes (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the halved Brussels sprouts (200g) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 until combined.
- Add to a small ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. If you are making the lamb from the previous pages, you can add the sprouts to the oven at the same time as the lamb so they cook in the same time.