Baked White Chocolate and Passionfruit Tart
White chocolate AND passionfruit? Yes please! This tart is much easier to prepare than you think, and it will impress the masses. Make this the night before if needed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “What could be better than passionfruit and white chocolate? This tart was delicious, and it is something I would make again! It would be a perfect dessert to bring to a dinner party." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 30g, cold
- sugar - 75g
- butter - 110g, cold, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- plain flour - 250g, plus extra for dusting
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- egg yolk - 3
- chocolate - 200g, white, broken up into small pieces
- cream cheese - 500g, blocks, cubed
- sour cream - 100g
- eggs - 2
- sugar - 100g
- passionfruit - 5, pulp only
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a large tart tin well with butter.
- Weigh the cold water (30g) into the measuring cap. Set aside.
- Add the sugar (75g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add the cold cubed butter (110g), plain flour (250g), vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) and egg yolks (3) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 25 seconds while adding the cold water (30g) through the lid.
- Place the mixture on a floured surface. Flatten the dough, then wrap in clingfilm and transfer to the fridge for 20 minutes. Wash and dry the bowl well.
- Take out the dough. Roll it out into a large circle that will fit the base of your tart tin, approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Press the dough into the prepared tin and remove any excess from the sides. Prick the base several times with a fork.
- Bake the base in the oven until it starts to change colour.
- Place the white chocolate pieces (200g) into the clean, dry bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (500g), sour cream (100g), eggs (2) and sugar (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart shell. Spread the passionfruit pulp (from 5 passionfruit) on top in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You do not want the passionfruit to burn or change in colour.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing and serving.