Baked Raspberry Poached Pears
An easy way to bring plain pears to life with a delicious raspberry marinade. What a great way to enjoy dessert while utilising fruit that's in season!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A simple and tasty dessert that you can make in no time. Great way to use up pears." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 150g
- raspberries - 250g
- pear - 4, peeled and halved
- vanilla pod - 1, halved lengthways and cut into small pieces
- ice cream - vanilla, to serve, optional (*omit for DF)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (150g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (150g), add the raspberries (250g) into the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the halved pears (4) and vanilla pod pieces (from 1 pod) into a small baking dish with minimal room around the pears.
- Once the raspberry liquid is cooked, pour it over the pears. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the pears over and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered. Pierce one of the pears with a skewer to ensure your preferred texture of the pears has been reached. If not, continue cooking.
- Serve pears with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle extra raspberry liquid over the top.