Baked LCHF Key Lime Slice
Just because you follow a LCHF lifestyle doesn't mean you have to miss out on the occasional sweet! This zesty key lime slice is a great way to enjoy dessert without the extra sugar and carbs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a delicious and refreshing slice. It is tangy, citrusy, creamy and not at all too sweet." - Sharree
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 3 hours cooling time
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- lime - very fine zest, to garnish
- almonds - 80g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- xylitol - 30g
- eggs - 2
- butter - 30g
- salt - pinch
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- cream cheese - 340g
- eggs - 2
- xylitol - 60g
- key lime juice - 30g, or regular lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the almonds (80g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add cinnamon (1 tsp), xylitol (30g), eggs (2), butter (30g), salt (pinch) and baking powder (1/4 tsp) into the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Press into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Clean and dry the bowl. Insert the whisk attachment.
- Add the cream cheese (340g), eggs (2), xylitol (60g) and lime juice (30g) into the bowl. Whip Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cooked base and then return to oven and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the oven for 1 hour and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with fine lime zest, slice and serve.