Baked Indian Chickpeas
These are a great alternative to chips and crackers for your next party. Hold back on the pepper if you want to cut down on spiciness for the little ones.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A deliciously tangy snack that will keep you coming back for more." - Stacey
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45-60 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed well
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 Tbsp
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, (or less if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), paprika (1/2 Tbsp), ground cumin (1 tsp), garam masala (1 tsp), turmeric (1/2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas (2 x 400g tins) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Pour out onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until crispy and roasted. Give the tray a gentle shake every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Allow to cool before serving, or save for lunchboxes.