Baked Cranberry and Turkey Meatballs
This is a really quick and easy recipe to make, and they are absolutely delicious! They're perfect for lunchboxes or afternoon snacks, but be careful – it's hard to stop at just one or two... or three or four!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I like the addition of cranberry for a nice treat. Would be perfect for a holiday lunch gathering." - Stacey
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 20 small meatballs
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1/2, small, peeled and halved
- cranberries - 80g, dried
- turkey mince - 500g
- fresh sage - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh thyme - 2 Tbsp
- egg - 1, optional (*omit for EF)
- bread - 1 piece, soaked in water and squeezed, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), halved onion (1/2) and dried cranberries (80g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the turkey mince (500g), fresh sage leaves (2 Tbsp), fresh thyme leaves (2 Tbsp), egg (1, if using), soaked bread (1 piece, if using), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 8 / 8 seconds, or until combined.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20 meatballs. Place onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before placing into the lunchbox or containers.