Baked Camembert with Honey Thyme Onions
Lovely and gooey, this baked Camembert is perfect for entertaining, especially when served with something delightfully crunchy. The crunch from crostini, toasted bread or crackers complements the smooth melted cheese perfectly.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Melted cheese marries beautifully with the honey and thyme dishes. An awesome party dip idea." - Michelle
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 ramekins, just large enough to fit the wheel of cheese
- Camembert cheese - 2 wheels
- honey - to garnish
- fresh thyme - to garnish
- walnuts - toasted, chopped, to garnish (*omit for NF)
- onion - 250g, brown, peeled and thinly sliced
- brown sugar - 50g
- olive oil - 15g
- honey - 30g
- fresh thyme - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Serving suggestions:
- crostini - *ensure GF if required
- bread - toasted, (*ensure GF if required)
- crackers - *ensure GF if required
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Set the ramekins on a baking tray. Toast your walnuts if you have not bought them toasted.
- Add the peeled and thinly sliced onions (250g), brown sugar (50g) and olive oil (15g) to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Remove any onions from around the blades and wipe your spatula over the base of the bowl. Add the honey (30g), fresh thyme leaves (2 Tbsp) and salt flakes (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Place the cheese wheels (2) into the ramekins.
- Score the top of the cheeses with a knife and top each one with the onion mix.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Carefully use a spatula to lift the cheese wheels onto a cheese board. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh thyme and chopped toasted walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers