This tasty yet simple recipe has been shared with us by Vicki from Thermomix Diva. It's awesome to be able to make your own classic baked beans from simple pantry ingredients. It means you are able to make a much bigger batch and control the sugar and salt content much more than if you were to use a can of baked beans.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I've never made baked beans before and the children were complaining they didn't want them... but I assured them it wasn't like what they've seen at camp! They thought the baked beans were very tasty and definitely want me to make them again. They also looked much better than any other version I've seen before." - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, red, peeled and quartered
- olive oil - 20g
- garlic cloves - 2, crushed
- cannellini beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed, or navy beans
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, chopped
- maple syrup - 30g
- apple cider vinegar - 60g
- paprika - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- Place the red onion (1) into the bowl and chop for Speed 5 / 3-4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g). Cook 3 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1, or until translucent.
- Insert the whisk attachment and add crushed garlic (2), drained cannellini beans (from 400g tin), tomatoes (from 400g tin), maple syrup (30g), vinegar (60g), paprika (1 tsp) and salt and pepper (pinch of each).
- Cook 25 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Sit the internal steaming basket on the lid instead of using the measuring cap.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.