If you haven’t made baked beans in your thermo mixer before, you’re missing out. The richness of homemade baked beans far surpasses that which you could buy premade, and they are really so easy! They are a perfect side for a REALLY Big Breakfast. We asked Sam from The Annoyed Thyroid to share her favourite recipe with you.
“Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, they’re so versatile. Making beans in the thermo mixer is so cheap, so easy and (most importantly) so tasty, that I’ll never buy baked beans again!”- Sam
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- fresh herbs of choice - handful (Sam prefers oregano & basil)
- olive oil - 20g
- paprika - 1 tsp, smoked
- cannellini beans - 400g, tin, rinsed and drained
- tomatoes - 400g, tin, chopped
- vegetable stock - 1 Tbsp, paste
- tomato paste - 1.5 Tbsp
- brown sugar - 1 tsp
- water - 75g
- Add garlic (2 cloves), onion (1) and herbs (handful) to bowl and chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides
- Add oil (20g) and sauté 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add paprika (1 tsp) before sautéing again 1 minute / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add beans (1 can), tomatoes (1 can), stock (1 Tbsp), tomato paste (1.5 Tbsp), sugar (1 tsp) and water (75g) to the bowl.
- Program 17 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving