Baked Avocado Fries and Sweet Chilli Dip
We love avocado, and we love creating new ways to enjoy it! Why go to an expensive burger place for avocado fries when you can make them at home yourself?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I couldn't stop eating and dipping! I used to think that the only good avocado fries come from takeaway shops... no longer!" - Sandra
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Sweet chilli dip:
- lime - 1/2, peel only
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chillies - 2, mild, deseeded
- mayonnaise - 150g, egg, whole (make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- honey - 20g
- lime - 1, juice only
- Avocado fries:
- bread - 100g, day old
- plain flour - 75g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- avocados - 2, large, sliced into 16 wedges each
- olive oil
Sweet chilli dip:
- Add the lime peel (from 1/2 lime), garlic clove (1) and chillies (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the mayonnaise (150g), honey (20g) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the day old bread (100g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside in a shallow dish.
- Add the plain flour (75g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) in a second shallow dish. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs (2) to another shallow dish and beat lightly.
- Dip the avocado wedges (from 2 avocados) into the flour, egg and then the breadcrumbs. Place onto baking tray.
- Repeat for all of the avocado wedges.
- Drizzle the wedges with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.