Bagels with Honeyed Mascarpone and Blueberries
Bagels are a staple at many markets. The soft chewiness of the bread appeals to many. Bagels are delicious when lightly toasted and topped with cream cheese and smoked salmon, but we thought we would change things up a little with our sweet take on them.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We had these bagels for breakfast and they were delicious! It was really nice to have something a bit different. I made the mascarpone mix the night before, so it was super quick to just assemble the bagels in the morning." - Julia
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooling Time 2 hours or overnight
Makes 8 halves
Mascarpone mixture and bagels can be frozen
- bagels - 4, fresh (*can use GF)
- blueberries - 250g, fresh
- almonds - 2 Tbsp, flaked (*omit for NF)
- Honey mascarpone:
- mascarpone cheese - 250g
- honey - 50g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- Add mascarpone (250g), honey (50g), cinnamon (1 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 3 until combined.
- Place into a bowl in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up, or prepare the night before.
- When ready to eat, slice bagels (4) in half and lightly toast.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture over each bagel half.
- Top with blueberries (250g) and almonds (2 Tbsp).
- Serve immediately.