Bacon Wrapped Sausages with Dipping Sauce
A great alternative to cocktail frankfurts to serve at your next party! You can't go wrong with bacon, can you? The sauce is great for dipping other recipes featured in this issue, like the Turkish Inspired Sausage Rolls, Crunchy Sesame Chicken Fingers and Baked Cheese and Spinach Rolls.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy spin on a cooked breakfast. A flavoursome sauce that complements the crispy bacon wrapped sausages." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- sausages - 12, chipolata, of choice (*ensure GF if required)
- bacon - 12, middle rashers, tail end only
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- capsicum - 1, red, roughly chopped
- tomato - 4, fresh, flesh only
- Worcestershire sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- honey - 50g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Wrap each sausage (12) with a piece of bacon (12). Place them onto the tray, seam side down.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. You may wish to increase the temperature to 200C for the last 5 minutes to make the bacon crispy.
- Meanwhile, add the peeled and chopped onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped capsicum (1), tomato flesh (from 4 tomatoes), Worcestershire sauce (40g), honey (50g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 1 second blasts. Scrape down sides.
- Program 17 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Serve sausages with dipping sauce.
Make your own!
*Make your own Worcestershire sauce with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.