Bacon Capsicum Spaghetti
This is one of my favourite go to meals when I am short on time as spaghetti is always a winner with the kiddies and I know it will be eaten. Don't be fooled by the list of ingredients! This is so full of flavour! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very vibrant in colour, this is a very easy recipe with delicious end results. Great that you can make sauce in advance and then reheat & serve with cooked pasta when needed." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 400g thin of choice (*check for GF / EF if required)
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- bacon - 200g shortcut , roughly chopped
- spring onion - 4
- capsicum - 1 red, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 1 green, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 20g
- fresh parsley - to taste
- fresh basil - to taste
- water - 2 Tbsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet instructions. When using thin spaghetti made from wheat this should take 15 minutes. Tip: Use boiling hot water from a jug to fill the saucepan with. This will save you precious minutes so you aren't waiting for the saucepan to boil. Drain once cooked and set aside.
- Place garlic cloves (4), spring onions (4), bacon (200g) and capsicum (1) into bowl. Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat again if needed.
- Add oil (20g). 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add parsley and basil to taste, water (2 Tbsp) and salt and pepper. 8 minutes / 100C / Reverse + Speed 1.
- Stir sauce through pasta and serve.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.