Bacon and Egg Quinoa Bites
These bites are delicious little morsels that freeze well. They are particularly great when warmed through before eating. They make for a great lunch on the run, but yummy for breakfast or a mid morning snack too. Perfect for gluten free guests. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Oh my goodness! These are delicious! So quick and easy to make, to freeze and to pop in a lunch box! I'll be making a double batch every time! Could easily hide some zucchini, carrot or cauliflower in there if wanting to boost the veggie intake for the kids (or husband!)" - Rach
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 35 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- quinoa - 200g
- water - 800g, hot
- eggs - 3
- Parmesan cheese - 70g, grated
- cheese - 100g, grated
- bacon - 100g, chopped
- fresh parsley - 1 tbsp, chopped
- vegetable stock - 1 cube
- If you need to grate your cheese, add Parmesan cheese (70g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Repeat for your other cheese (100g). Grate Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Rinse quinoa (200g) really well using the sieve. Transfer quinoa into internal steaming basket. Set basket in place.
- Pour hot water (800g) over quinoa. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Remove internal steaming basket. Drain the water.
- Pour quinoa back into mixer bowl and allow to cool for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add eggs (3), Parmesan cheese (70g), cheese of choice (100g), bacon (100g), parsley (1 Tbsp) and stock cube (1) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2.5 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Spoon into greased or lined mini muffin trays. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, freeze on a baking tray with the bites spread apart from one another for about 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Pop a frozen bite in a lunchbox to defrost by lunchtime, or reheat in the microwave or oven.