If you are looking for a lovely light side salad, this is it. The delicious honey mustard dressing is perfect. That zingy dressing really goes the extra mile. The simple ingredients make it a nice accompaniment for many dishes, but it is a particularly good side dish for the Asparagus and Cheese Tart. If you are preparing it ahead, keep the dressing aside and only slice the avocados just before serving.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This salad is a great, simple and tasty accompaniment to a meal, but it is also a great base for a heartier meal into which you can add some more vegetables and protein. The dressing is a hit with a yummy zing to it." - Sally
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- avocados - 2, peeled, seeds removed and chopped in small cubes
- lemon - 1, juice only
- lettuce - 1 head, butter
- mustard - 30g, wholegrain
- honey - 30g
- apple cider vinegar - 50g
- olive oil - 20g
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, flakes
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- Add the avocado pieces (from 2 avocados) and lemon juice (from 1 lemon) to a large salad bowl.
- Scatter the lettuce leaves (from 1 head) over the avocados and combine.
- Add the mustard (30g), honey (30g), vinegar (50g), oil (20g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Emulsify Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Pour over the salad, toss and serve straight away.