Avocado, Chilli & Mandarin Salad
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The salad looked fresh and colourful with the green and orange colours. It was a light and fresh tasting salad. The mint gave the salad a very fresh flavour. As I didn't use the seeds from the chilli, the sauce was very mild but tasty." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- mandarin - 60g, juice
- lemon juice - 60g
- palm sugar - 2 tsp, coconut
- rice wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- salt - 1 tsp, pink
- pepper - to taste, freshly cracked, black
- chilli - 1, green
- spring onion - 1, small
- olive oil - 50g, extra virgin
- avocados - 2-4, sliced
- mandarins - 3, peeled and sliced into rounds
- sprouts - handful, fresh leafy, of choice
- salad greens - 2, handfuls
- fresh mint - handful, leaves
- feta cheese - 100g, Danish, crumbled (*omit for DF)
- Place mandarin juice (60g), lemon juice (60g), sugar (2 tsp), vinegar (2 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper into bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Meanwhile, chargrill the chilli (1) on an open flame until blistered and black. Cool slightly before rubbing skin off. Deseed if desired.
- Add the chilli and spring onion (1) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add oil (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the avocados (2-4), mandarins (3), sprouts (handful), salad greens (2 handfuls) and mint leaves (handful) to a large salad platter.
- Drizzle with dressing and finish off with the feta (100g).