Avocado and Egg Salad Wraps
You really can't beat an egg sandwich, but we think we have found a close second! This combination of egg and avocado means you will have the creamiest egg salad wraps in town.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a great recipe to have on hand for sandwiches as well as being able to use it in a lettuce wrap." - Shannon
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 14 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 500g, hot, tap
- egg - 4
- avocado - 1, peeled, stone removed and diced
- mayonnaise - 80g, whole egg
- curry powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- lettuce - leaves
- wraps - 2, multigrain (*can use GF)
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl.
- Place the whole eggs (4) into the internal steaming basket and set the basket into place. Program 14 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Carefully remove the basket from the bowl with the machine's spatula. Drain the water.
- Run eggs under cold water to cool them.
- Peel the eggs and place them into the mixer bowl.
- Add the diced avocado (1), mayonnaise (80g), curry powder (1 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 4 seconds, until just chopped.
- Place lettuce leaves on each wrap (2) and top with the avocado and egg salad mixture.
- Roll up and slice each wrap into halves.
Make your own!
*Make your own mayonnaise with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Cheat's Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue.
*Make your own curry powder with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Malaysian Curry Powder recipe from The Steaming Issue.
*Make your own wraps with the Spinach Wraps or Gluten Free Wraps recipes from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.