Aussie Roast Lamb
A roast is a traditional Aussie favourite, particularity on Australia Day or for Sunday night dinner. We have given it a very Aussie twist with the help of Vegemite™. It may sound a little crazy but it's a must-try!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Sundays have always been lamb roast days in our household, but this recipe just takes it to a whole other level. I have to admit, I was very skeptical about the Vegemite and golden syrup marinade but it is amazing – definitely a must-try!" - Melissa
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 15 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 1 hour 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- lamb leg - 2kg
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh rosemary - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- Vegemite - 1 Tbsp
- golden syrup - 40g
- oil - 2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place garlic clove (1) and rosemary (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add Vegemite (1 Tbsp), golden syrup (40g) and oil (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until well combined.
- Place the lamb (2kg) on a rack in a roasting pan. Cut 10 small slits over the roast. Rub marinade all over the top side and into the slits.
- Cover roast with aluminium foil. Bake for 60-70 minutes for medium.
- Remove foil and cook for 15 minutes to brown the top of the roast.
- Remove the roast from the oven and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve your roast and serve immediately.