Aussie Beef Burgers
Some good old Aussie flavours for some good old Aussie burgers in this recipe! Here is an easy tweak so that these will make enough for your family... allow for about 100g of mince per burger. For example, if you want to have enough to serve 5, simply increase the beef by 100g and add an extra slice of bacon, egg, bread roll, etc. so that it stretches for an extra person.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These looked and tasted like the best burgers we have ever had! They were very tender and full of flavour. They were enjoyed by the whole family, so I'll definitely make them again!" - Anita
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Burger patties can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- beef mince - 400g
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, paste
- fresh rosemary - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Worcestershire sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required; make your own with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- tomato sauce - 80g (make your own with the Tomato Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- bacon - 4 slices
- eggs - 4, fried to your liking (*omit for EF)
- bread - 4, rolls (*can use GF; make your own with the Multiseed Bread Rolls from The Freezer Issue, Bread Rolls from The On the Road Issue or LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- lettuce - 4, leaves, large
- cheese - 4 slices
- beetroot - 4 large slices
- pineapple - 4, rings, thin
- tomato chutney - (make your own with the Spicy Tomato Chutney recipe from The Classics Issue)
- Add the onion (1), garlic cloves (2), beef mince (400g), stock paste (2 tsp), rosemary (1 Tbsp), parsley (2 Tbsp), Worcestershire sauce (60g) and tomato sauce (80g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Move the mixture onto a plate and shape it into 4 patties.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a large frying pan and cook patties over medium heat. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Keep the patties warm.
- Cook the bacon (4 slices) and eggs (4) to your liking in the frying pan.
- Onto half of a bread roll (4 total), add a burger patty, lettuce (4 slices total), cheese (4 slices total), bacon, fried egg, beetroot (4 slices total) and pineapple (4 rings total).
- Add a dollop of tomato chutney and top with the other roll half.