This asparagus spaghetti is complemented by the bacon, showing how a couple of ingredients together can create a quick (20 minutes!), delicious and light pasta dish all year round. Pasta doesn't always have to be a heavy winter meal!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So easy, so light, so tasty!" - Rach
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 300g, angel hair
- asparagus - 3 bunches, chopped into quarters
- bacon - 6 slices, short cut, roughly chopped
- capsicum - 1, green, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 20g
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, plus extra to garnish, shredded
- Cook the pasta (300g) according to the packet directions. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add asparagus (3 bunches). Do the maths on when you need to set yourself a timer to help with this step! Drain and place into a large bowl. While the pasta is cooking you can continue on with the next steps.
- Add bacon (6 slices) and capsicum (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C** / Speed 2.
- Add the sauce to the pasta along with shredded basil (1/2 bunch), salt and pepper.
- Serve and top with extra basil leaves.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
**If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Want to add something extra?
- To add some extra greens, add 50g rocket leaves and stir to combine in Step 4.