Asparagus and Cheese Tart
During the summertime, we find lots of opportunities to celebrate and gather with friends and family. This fresh asparagus and cheese tart is perfect for that, and can be prepared quickly as guests arrive. To make entertaining even easier, this tart can be assembled and then frozen. Bake from frozen. Try serving it with the Avocado Salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It was AMAZING – the flavours just melted in my mouth! Such a simple recipe with a big punch... impress your friends, neighbours... heck, anyone (!) with this light and fresh dish. Quick as a flash to whip up perfect for warm summer days!" - Channy
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- mascarpone cheese - 150g
- sea salt - flakes, pinch
- pepper - pinch, black
- fresh mint - 5g, torn into small chunks
- puff pastry - 1 sheet, you can make your own with the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Only Bonus Issue
- asparagus - 200g, tips
- peas - 50g (fresh or frozen, thaw if frozen)
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled
- fresh mint - 4-5 leaves
- olive oil - 10g
- egg - 1
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the mascarpone (150g), salt (pinch), pepper (pinch) and mint (5g) in the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Roll the puff pastry (1 sheet) onto the baking tray and spread the mascarpone all over it, leaving a 3cm border all around.
- Decorate with the asparagus (200g), peas (50g), chilli flakes (1/2 tsp), feta cheese (100g) and mint leaves (4-5). Drizzle with oil (10g) and brush the egg (1) over the edge.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with fresh Avocado Salad.