Asian Spiced Beef Kebabs
What I love about this recipe is you can whip up the marinade quickly in the morning, marinate your meat whilst you are at work or out and about and once home simply thread your kebabs and cook on the BBQ. Whilst they are cooking, whip up a quick salad to serve and you have a simple summer meal. – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very tasty marinade, and such a straight forward recipe to jazz up any BBQ." - Tracey
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Can be made without: Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes + marinating time
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Makes 6 kebabs (can be doubled or tripled)
Can be frozen pre or post cooking
- peppercorns - 1/2 Tbsp, green, drained
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- chilli - 1, mild, red, more or less to taste
- ginger - 5cm piece
- rice wine - 2 Tbsp
- hoisin sauce - 50g (*check for GF if required)
- soy sauce - 40g (*use tamari for GF option)
- sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- diced beef - 500g
- capsicum - 1, large
- Place peppercorns (1/2 Tbsp), garlic (2), spring onions (2), chilli (1) and ginger (5cm piece) into bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add rice wine (2 Tbsp), hoisin sauce (50g), soy sauce (40g) and sesame oil (1 Tbsp). Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Place meat into a bowl. Pour the marinade over the diced beef (500g).
- Cover with clingfilm and allow to marinate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in cold water while meat is marinating.
- Chop capsicum into bite sized pieces.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Cook on the grill side of the BBQ over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with rice, noodles or a fresh salad.