Asian Pork Meatballs
You may find that these meatballs are a little more wet to the touch than usual, but they will result in a deliciously moist meatball that doesn't dry out.Simply keep your hands wet and clean when rolling them, and they will be easy to handle.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Scrumptious! These little meatballs have great flavour and will certainly be made again." - Christina
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 small meatballs
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- pork mince - 500g
- honey - 40g, (or 1 Tbsp palm sugar)
- fish sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required)
- lemongrass - 1 tsp, crushed
- ginger - 1 tsp, crushed
- fresh coriander - 1/4, small bunch
- egg - 1, optional (*omit for EF)
- bread - 1, piece, soaked in water and squeezed, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- oil - for frying
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and chopped spring onions (4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the pork mince (500g), honey (40g), fish sauce (40g), crushed lemongrass (1 tsp), crushed ginger (1 tsp), coriander (1/4 bunch), egg (1, if using), soaked bread (1 piece, if using), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20 meatballs.
- Place oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side, then a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before placing into the lunchbox or containers.
Note:You may prefer to oven bake these delicious meatballs. Simply preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.