Asian Inspired Coleslaw
This Asian inspired coleslaw will go beautifully with your next Asian inspired main. Packed full of flavour and textures, it is sure to impress at your next event. This Asian inspired coleslaw is perfect served with our Chilli Prawns.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a flavoursome coleslaw alternative. Perfect on a burger. It is a good one for an extended family dinner. I'll keep it in mind for our next one!" - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Serves 6 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- ginger - 5g, peeled
- lemongrass - 1 tsp, crushed or finely sliced
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- rice wine vinegar - 15g
- sesame oil - 15g
- palm sugar - 1 tsp
- lime - 1, juice only
- cabbage - 1/4, small, purple, roughly chopped and stem removed
- cabbage - 1/4, small, green, roughly chopped and stem removed
- carrot - 1, large
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh coriander - to garnish
- sesame seeds - toasted, to garnish
- Add the ginger (5g), lemongrass (1 tsp), garlic clove (1), rice wine vinegar (15g), sesame oil (15g), sugar (1 tsp) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add purple cabbage (1/4), green cabbage (1/4), carrot (1) and spring onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 4-8 seconds, until desired consistency is achieved. Use your spatula to help move the contents around and get an even consistency throughout.
- Transfer into a large serving bowl.
- Serve garnished with coriander and sesame seeds.