Asian Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Greens
This recipe has been shared with us by Lauren Fountain.
"This recipe came to life when I started eating low calorie meals a couple of days a week. I wanted something tasty, easy and also family friendly. This dish satisfies the most fussy eaters, and it can be easily boosted with additional sliced chilli, Asian herbs or sauces." - Lauren
Recipe Tester Feedback: "One of those dinners that tastes like it took a lot more effort than it actually did! An easy and delicious meal that everyone in the family enjoyed." - Karen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- soy sauce - 10g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 25g (*ensure GF if required)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 10g, peeled
- chilli - 1, optional
- oil - 10g
- whole chicken - 1.5kg
- lemon - 1/2
- cauliflower - 500g, florets
- water - 1.2L
- bok choy - 2 bunches, or pak choy, trimmed
- soy sauce - 2 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- Add the soy sauce (10g), oyster sauce (25g), garlic cloves (2), ginger (10g), chilli (1) and oil (10g) to the bowl. Blitz Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 4 second blast, measuring cap on. Set aside.
- Place the whole chicken (1.5kg) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Spread the marinade over the chicken and place the lemon (1/2) in the dish with the chicken. Set the steaming attachment aside, with the steaming attachment lid under the chicken to prevent the marinade from falling through.
- Add the cauliflower (500g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Move the cauliflower into the internal steaming basket and set the basket aside – do not steam the cauliflower in the next step.
- Add water (1.2L) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment with the chicken in place. Program 60 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment and set the internal steaming basket with the cauliflower into place. Add the bok choy (2 bunches) to the steaming attachment, around the chicken, and set the steaming attachment back in place.
- Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Check to ensure the chicken is cooked – if needed, move the cauliflower and bok choy to an insulated server and cook the chicken for an additional 5 minutes.
- If you prefer crispy skin, place the chicken into a 200C oven (instead of the mixer) and cook for 15 minutes while continuing to cook the cauliflower rice and Asian greens as instructed in Step 6.
- Carve the chicken.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and add soy sauce (2 Tbsp). Spoon this over the carved chicken to keep it moist.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with the cauliflower rice and greens.