Asian Chicken Soup
The perfect soup for the cooler seasons ahead. Nothing helps flu season more than a good chicken soup. This recipe puts an Asian spin on an old time favourite. Feel free to increase the garlic and ginger to really give this soup a good kick!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "As a restorative chicken soup at this time of year, it is a star!" - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 31 minutes
Can be frozen
- vermicelli noodles - 100g, rice
- water - 500g, boiling
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 10g, peeled
- lemongrass - 1 tsp, crushed
- chilli - 1, optional
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- fish sauce - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- soy sauce - 1 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required)
- lime - 1, juice only
- chicken breast - 400g, thigh, thinly sliced
- chicken stock - 1L, good quality, liquid
- coconut milk - 125g, full fat
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Rehydrate noodles (100g) by placing them into a bowl and covering with boiling water (500g). Rehydrate according to packet directions. Drain and place into 4 serving bowls.
- Place garlic cloves (2), ginger (10g), lemongrass (1 tsp) and chilli (1, if using) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add fish sauce (1 tsp), soy sauce (1 Tbsp) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl.
- Add the chicken (400g) to the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Cover with liquid stock (1L). Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place steaming attachment lower dish on top to prevent spatters.
- Remove the chicken and divide it between the 4 bowls.
- Add the coconut milk (125g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Add additional soy sauce if needed at this point.
- Pour the liquid into each soup bowl.
- Top with coriander (1/2 bunch) and serve immediately.