Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
This simple yet delicious salad has a fantastic flavour combination AND has a great texture combination too! To make it go further, you could easily add more veggies. This salad could just be your family's new favourite!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The end product was very nice. I used soba noodles, which gave it a lovely earthy flavour." - Kristen
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + overnight marinating time + several hours chilling time
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Serves 8 as a side
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
snap lock bag
steaming attachment lower dish
- soy sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- chicken breast - 4, diced in large chunks
- water - 600g, hot
- hokkien noodles - 500g, soba or chow mein noodles (*can use GF soba noodles for GF and EF)
- capsicum - 1, red, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- carrot - 2, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- snow peas - 200g, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- spring onion - 4, thinly sliced
- peanuts - 100g, salted
- fresh mint - 1/4 bunch, roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- vegetable oil - 30g, or peanut oil
- soy sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 20g (*ensure GF if required)
- rice wine vinegar - 40g
- lime juice - 20g
- Add the soy sauce (50g), oyster sauce (50g) and chicken chunks (from 4 breasts) to a snap lock bag. Seal and marinate overnight, removing any air from the bag.
- When you are ready to cook, add hot water (600g) to the mixer bowl. Add the marinated chicken to the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Cook the noodles (500g) according to packet instructions. Drain and place into a large bowl.
- To the bowl with the noodles, add the sliced capsicum (1), sliced carrots (2), sliced snow peas (200g), sliced spring onions (4), salted peanuts (100g) and chopped mint (1/4 bunch).
- Empty the water from the mixer bowl. Move the chicken from the steaming attachment to the mixer bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 2 seconds. You still want some chunky pieces. Add to the bowl with the noodles.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), peeled ginger (3cm piece), chopped spring onion (1), vegetable oil (30g), soy sauce (60g), oyster sauce (20g), rice wine vinegar (40g) and lime juice (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the noodles. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for several hours until cold. This will taste even better the next day.