Apricot Glazed Christmas Ham
There is nothing quite as impressive as a beautiful glazed ham to grace your Christmas table, and with this recipe from Tenina Holder's book Merry Christmix Too, you will definitely impress. Excellent hot or cold, and great for leftovers in the best sandwiches ever! Channel your inner chef and get this onto your table this year.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Was so quick and easy to make your own Christmas ham that would look great on your table at Christmas time." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time Depends on size of ham
Makes enough glaze for a large ham
Can be frozen
- brown sugar - 50g, dark
- cinnamon - 1/2, stick
- star anise - 1, whole
- dried apricots - 110g, preserves
- sherry - 70g, dry
- salt - pinch, pink
- mustard - 1 Tbsp
- ham - up to 5kg, on the bone
- cloves - optional
- chicken stock - 100g, liquid
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place sugar (50g), cinnamon (1/2 stick) and star anise (1) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 20 seconds.
- Add preserves (110g), sherry (70g), salt (pinch) and mustard (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Peel skin off the ham (up to 5kg), score in traditional diamond pattern and stud with cloves if desired.
- Pour over as much of the glaze as you need to cover the ham without wastage. Remove remaining glaze from bowl and set aside.
- Bake ham for the time according to its size. A good guide is until the fat has a slightly charred, sticky, caramelised look.
- When ready to serve, place chicken stock (100g) and remaining glaze into bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Serve over sliced ham.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites