Apricot Coconut Slice
You cannot go past this classic slice to add to your Christmas hampers. Easy to make. Easy to store. Loved by everyone!
Reader Tester Feedback: "I love the flavour combination of apricot, coconut and white chocolate! This is an easy recipe that produces a tasty product. It freezes well too!" - Rach
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes + 2 hours setting time
Makes 25-28 squares
Can be frozen
- biscuits of choice - 400g, shortbread, roughly chopped (*can use GF)
- butter - 60g, softened, cubed
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- apricots - 90g, diced
- condensed milk - 395g tin, sweetened
- chocolate - 150g, white, melted
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the white chocolate (150g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 3, or until melted. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, add the chopped biscuits (400g) to the bowl. Blitz Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast and repeat until biscuits are broken up. This can be as coarse or fine as you like.
- Add the softened cubed butter (60g), desiccated coconut (60g), diced apricots (90g) and condensed milk (395g tin) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until just combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and smooth it out.
- Place into the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Score 25 slices into the chocolate layer to make cutting easier later on.
- Place back into the fridge to set. Once set, slice and return to the fridge until you are ready to eat or gift the slice.