We LOVE those little apricot squares you can buy in packets at the supermarket, but I'm very quickly running out of things to sell to afford them. I'm sure I could have bought a mansion with the amount of money I have spent on them over the years! OK, you get the idea... they are expensive and they don't always have the best ingredients in them. Here are my budget-friendly healthier apricot bites. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked exactly like the little apricot bites you buy in the store, and tasted delicious without being too sweet. My kids love these, so they're perfect for their lunchboxes and for snacks. So quick and easy to do as well, which is a massive bonus." - Alana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Makes 48 bites
Can be frozen
- dried apricots - 300g
- dates - 50g, pitted, or medjool dates
- desiccated coconut - 100g, plus extra for coating
- Place apricots (300g), dates (50g) and coconut (100g) into the bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 20 seconds, then increase to Speed 10 / 30 seconds. If the mixture is too dry, process a little longer or add an extra date of two.
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin, then smooth it out using the back of a glass that has been covered with a little baking paper to avoid sticking.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from tin. Slice into 12 bar shapes and then into pieces.
- Place the squares and the extra coconut into a mixing bowl.
- Toss until coated.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container. These squares will keep for 7-14 days.