Apple Zucchini Muffins
We love recipes that have hidden goodness, like the zucchini added in this one! Zucchini is such a good vegetable to add to cakes and muffins, as they are easy to hide.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Light. Fluffy. Tasty. Cannot wait to make again!" -Megan
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 12 large + 12 mini muffins
Can be frozen
- apple - 100g, red, cored and quartered
- zucchini - 100g, roughly chopped
- milk - 250g
- eggs - 2
- butter - 100g, melted
- self raising flour - 320g, (*can use GF)
- sugar - 80g, can reduce if preferred
- salt - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the muffin tins with paper cases.
- Add the quartered apple (100g) and chopped zucchini (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the milk (250g), eggs (2), melted butter (100g), self raising flour (320g), sugar (80g), salt (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins until each case is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then move the muffins to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3 days or in the fridge for 5.