These naturally sweetened pikelets are a yummy finger food that will keep your younger guests satisfied, without the sugar rush that can accompany birthday parties.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These tasted fabulous! We whipped them up for breakfast and they were a winner all-round (kids and husband alike, especially the 2 year old!) I love that there is no added sugar!" - Julie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 200g
- milk of choice - 200g
- apple puree - 100g
- egg - 1, *this has been tested with egg-replacer successfully
- vanilla pod - 1
- Slice along the vanilla bean lengthwise. Use the back of the knife to scrape the vanilla seeds away from the bean.
- Place flour (200g), milk (200g), apple puree (100g), egg (1) and vanilla (1) to bowl. Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. You may need to grease it slightly.
- Pour a little batter into pan. Repeat until you have 4 or 5 in the pan but be sure not to overcrowd it. Once it starts to bubble, flip it over. Cook through for 30-60 seconds. Set aside.
- Repeat for remaining pikelets. Serve.