Apple & Pear Chips with Nectarine Honey Dipping Sauce
These are so tasty! They do take some time to dehydrate, so we suggest doing large batches at once to get the most from your time. We love munching on these as is, but the yummy dipping sauce is an added flavour boost! The dip will keep for 5 days when refrigerated and the chips will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Everyone loved these. I would recommend using as many baking trays as possible and cut up as many apples and pears as possible as they shrink quite a lot, and there is a lot of dipping sauce to go around! Great to take out on picnics as snacks for the kids." - Alana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 2 hours
Sauce can be frozen
- pears - a lot
- apples - a lot
- cinnamon - ground, to sprinkle across pears and apples
- nectarines - 3, stone removed and chopped, skin on
- honey - 1 tsp
- water - 1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 110C. Line two trays with baking paper.
- Thinly slice your apples and pears using a sharp knife or mandolin. Make sure they aren't too thick or they will take longer to cook.
- Lay out on the trays in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 1 hour.
- Flip the chips over. Bake for another hour.
- The chips are done when there no longer feels there is any moisture or softness left in them.
- To test, pop one on the bench for 5 minutes. If its crisps up you know it is done. If it doesn't, cook a little longer.
- Let cool and then place into an airtight container for up to a week.
- Add the nectarines (3), honey (1 tsp) and water (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Blend Speed 9 / 10 seconds.