Apple Muesli Breakfast Muffins
These Apple Muesli Muffins are great to have on hand for when you are running out the door. Pair with a piece of fruit or a tub of yoghurt to keep you going all morning. The great thing about these muffins is that they freeze really well so they are also a good option for lunchboxes.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- apples - 2, large, pink lady, peeled and cored and small dice
- water - 2 Tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Muffin mixture:
- sugar - 90g
- muesli - 50g, toasted (*or GF version)
- self raising flour - 300g
- baking powder - pinch
- milk - 200g
- butter - 90g, melted
- eggs - 2
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- muesli - toasted for topping, extra
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Add apple (2 large), water (2 Tbsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to bowl.
- Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Keep apples in bowl. If there is excess liquid, do not discard. This gives great flavour to the muffins.
- Add sugar (90g), muesli (50g), flour (300g), baking powder (pinch), milk (200g), butter (90g), eggs (2) and vanilla (1 tsp) to bowl.
- Mix on Speed 4 until just combined. Only a few seconds. Don't over-work the mixture.
- Pour mixture into muffin cases. Fill to 3/4 of the way up the case.
- Sprinkle entire top of muffin with extra toasted muesli.
- Bake for 18-30 minutes. Timing may vary depending on your oven and size of muffin.