This classic dessert recipe has been shared with us by Vicki from Thermomix Diva, and boy is it an easy one! Simply chop and sweeten the apples, blitz up the topping and pop it in the oven. Perfect to pop into the oven as you serve dinner so that you can enjoy it fresh for dessert!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is very easy and doesn't have too many ingredients, yet tastes delicious served warm or cold with either creamor custard." - Gerri
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- apple - 5, pink lady, large, peeled and cored
- rapadura sugar - 1 heaped Tbsp
- cinnamon - sprinkle or nutmeg optional
- plain flour - 140g
- self raising flour - 35g
- butter - 110g, cold (*or DF spread), unsalted
- rapadura sugar - 80g
- oats - 1 heaped Tbsp, rolled
- rapadura sugar - 1 Tbsp
- To Serve:
- cream - or custard
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Peel and core the apples (5) and slice them into 1 cm thick pieces. Place them into the dish and toss with rapadura sugar (1 Tbsp) and cinnamon and / or nutmeg (optional) until they are fully coated.
- Place plain flour (140g), self raising flour (35g), butter (110g) and rapadurasugar (80g) into the bowl and pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts until breadcrumbs form (make sure not to over pulse).
- Pour the crumble mixture over the apples and use a fork to even everything out. Gently press the surface with the back of the fork so the crumble holds together and goes crisp.
- Sprinkle the top with the oats and sugar and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden.