Apple Crumble Balls
These are a great twist on bliss balls that the kiddies love. They taste like a delicious apple pie or crumble with flavours of apple, vanilla and cinnamon. They will keep for 5-7 days so they are great to make at the beginning of the week and pop in a lunchbox!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick and easy lunchbox snack. I really liked them." - Shannon
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time approx. 10 minutes
Makes 20 balls
Can be frozen
- apple - 140g, dried, rings, see Notes
- dates - 120g, dried pitted
- oats - 50, rolled (*or 35g quinoa flakes for GF)
- desiccated coconut - 30g, plus extra for rolling
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1/2-1 tsp, ground, to taste
- Place dried apple (140g), dates (120g), oats (50g), coconut (30g), vanilla (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1/2-1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 45 seconds until a soft dough has formed.
- If it is too dry, simply add a few extra dates to add moisture or a few drops of water or apple juice.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Roll small balls in your hands. If it is sticky, allow the dough to sit for 10 minutes or slightly wet your hands to avoid sticking.
- Roll in coconut and place into the fridge.
- A lot of store-bought dried fruit contains preservatives, so it is best to look for ones without.
- You can toast your oats in a hot oven if you prefer a toasted / nutty flavour.