Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding
We love rice pudding, and the addition of apple and cinnamon adds an additional flavour profile that we absolutely love. Pop it in the mixer once dinner is prepared and come back after dinner to a fresh and fabulous snack for dessert (that you can store in the fridge for the next day!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A refreshing twist on the traditional rice pudding. For those nights when you can't decide whether to have rice pudding or apple pie – mix them both together and this is what you get!" - Melissa
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 10 minutes cooling time
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- apple - 3, pink lady, peeled, cored and quartered
- milk - 800g
- arborio rice - 150g
- brown sugar - 90g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- Place apples (3) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Place milk (800g) and rice (150g) into the bowl. Program 30 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.5. Set internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Add brown sugar (90g), vanilla (2 tsp) and cinnamon (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.5. Set internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then serve or allow to cool before serving.