Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge
This porridge is both deliciously filling and nutritious. With three whole apples, you may find you don't even need to add any honey for sweetness. You may wish to wait until the end to stir some through. It is a great way to start the day and will keep you full until lunchtime.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Naturally sweet and nutritious. It goes on my rotation of porridges!" - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- apple - 3, medium, cored and quartered
- quinoa - 170g, rinsed very well
- water - 400g
- milk of choice - 150g (*ensure DF if required)
- honey - 20g, or more or less to taste
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground, plus extra to serve
- Place apples (3) into the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Place the washed and drained quinoa (170g), water (400g), milk (150g), honey (20g) and cinnamon (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix
Reverse+Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Program 25 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes with the measuring cap on to soak up any excess liquid.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon.
*Water is not included in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 100g sultanas to the porridge as it rests in Step 4.