Apple & Cinnamon Quick Oats
Kids LOVE making up the sachets of quick oats for a snack. They are a quick warm snack… but they are also quite expensive to purchase as a box of sachets! So this recipe has been created as a work-around. There is no sweetener in the oats, as most kids love drizzling honey on top, no matter how sweet it is already! This has been designed to be able to be made by kids, and serves one. You can absolutely change the quantities as required, however. It also utilises a temperature of 70C so that it’s not too hot for little mouths… a perfect winter warmer!
Junior Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is very yummy with the honey honey drizzled on top. This makes me like porridge a little bit now." - Will, Age 6
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Best served fresh
- oats - 30g, traditional, rolled
- apple - 35g (approx. 1/4 of a whole apple)
- milk of choice - 140g (tested with cow’s milk), plus extra to add at the end if desired
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - sprinkle
- nuts of choice - extra, or apple to stir in for added crunch, optional (see Step 1)
- honey - to drizzle, optional
- Optional - for some extra crunch to mix in add apple (approx. 35g) and nuts (handful) into the bowl and chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Set aside. Clean and dry the bowl.
- Add oats (30g) to the bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo x 3 Quick Blasts (0.5 seconds).
- Add apple (35g) to the bowl. Speed 6 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add milk (140g), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and cinnamon (sprinkle). Program 4 minutes / 70C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Drizzle with honey and add more milk, if desired.